The SELECT ShingleMasterTM credential represents the highest standards in the shingle roofing industry.
It includes a rigorous process, including several significant educational and accreditation steps a mark of distinction that separates SELECT ShingleMasters from most other companies.
The company must continue to meet the following requirements to maintain the credential.
The Most Well-Qualified Installers
- Through testing and regular re-accreditation we ensure that all supervisors and at least 50% of the company’s installers are Master Shingle Applicators”* (MSAs).
- Information from the CertainTeed Shingle Applicator’s Manual provides instruction to MSAs, making them some of the most knowledgeable roofing installers in the industry.
- One or more company employees have earned the Shingle Quality Specialist”‘ designation after passing a test on the CertainTeed Shingle Technology Manual, which proves their knowledge of shingle products, quality standards and satisfying customer objectives. Trust in their expertise to explain important differences between shingles and offer an appropriate selection of products for your roof.
Insured and Established
- The SELECT ShingleMaster must carry worker’s compensation insurance, as required by law, and liability insurance covering roofing. This coverage is critical for your protection.
- This company has been in business for a minimum of five years or held another CertainTeed credential for at least one year, or has prior industry experience that CertainTeed considers a comparable qualification.
Ethical Conduct and Customer-Focused
- The SELECT ShingleMaster agrees to abide by a code of ethics that covers compliance with applicable laws, standards of workmanship, customer service and business administration.
- This company must maintain a customer satisfaction rating of 4 or higher on a five-point scale. Up-to-date and Ongoing Credential Requirements
Only a SELECT ShingleMaster Can Offer CertainTeed’s Strongest Warranty
- Their SELECT status elevates their company from almost all other roofing companies in their marketplace. That is why only SELECT ShingleMasters are authorized by Certain Teed to offer SureStart PLUS 5-STAR Coverage.
- CertainTeed stands behind the SELECT ShingleMaster’s workmanship for 25 years when you select 5-STAR coverage.
- A SELECT ShingleMaster is authorized to offer you SureStartTM PLUS 3-STAR, 4-STAR, and
- 5-STAR extended warranty protection on your investment.
- To monitor your level of satisfaction, CertainTeed will send you a Customer TrackRecordTM Survey, to rate the professionalism and workmanship of your SELECT ShingleMaster.
- Certain Teed periodically conducts Roof Inspections to monitor that the Integrity Roof System€ standards are met.
- Upgraded 730 mph wind warranty available and extended years of transferability (see footnotes in SureStart PLUS chart for specifics).
Only CertainTeed Gives You the Confidence of SureStart PLIJS
We can offer this extensive coverage when a
SELECT ShingleMaster installs an Integrity Roof System because CertainTeed roofing products are produced with quality materials and advanced manufacturing methods to exacting standards of excellence. That means problems rarely occur. But should a defect arise during the SureStart PLIJS Coverage period, CertainTeed protects you with non-prorated payment for the following if required to repair or replace any defective Certain Teed roofing product:
- Materials and labor costs.
- Roof tear-off expenses.
- Disposal expenses (not included with 3-STAR Coverage).
- Repair or replacement of any defects in the SELECT ShingleMaster’s workmanship (only included CertainTeed keeps records on each SELECT ShingleMaster to ensure their credentials and insurance coverage are current.
Coverage to Give You More Peace of Mind
Not only does CertainTeed’s exclusive SureStart PLUS offer the best protection you can get over the long term, it expands your coverage even more. It’s the result of roofing products that are manufactured with quality materials and installed by skilled craftsmen.